Deni Ghifari (The Jakarta Post)
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Unions have voiced their displeasure with the 2024 minimum wage formula and announced a nationwide walkout involving millions of workers that will take place by the end of this year.
The Confederation of Indonesian Trade Unions (KSPI) and the All-Indonesian United Workers Confederation (KPBI) are among those planning major industrial action. KPBI President Ihamsyah said the strikes will take place between November 30 and December 13.
“We cannot yet confirm (how many workers will participate); the target is 5 million,” Ilhamsyah said Jakarta Post on Monday.
to read the whole story
From IDR 55,500 per month
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No commercials, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription